ABOUT THE ROLE
This position requires a strong analytical mindset that enjoys working directly with Categories of alternative mobility providing innovative solutions that answer key business questions, work as a business analyst at careem .
In this role you work on the different categories and eventually grow into a subject matter expert for that area of business. You will act as the main point of contact and will be responsible for fulfilling all analytical needs for the designated Category.
This means you will be creating reports/dashboards as well as providing answers to ad-hoc queries.
The ideal candidate is innovative, detail-oriented, enjoys working with business and creating analytical reports and business cases.
- Act as the first point of contact to answer all business data queries
- Develop effective reporting using various BI tools
- Participate in continuous improvement of these reporting solutions
- Drive and support your designated Category by converting complex data and findings into understandable information and visualisations.
- Present appropriate analysis and commentary to technical and non-technical audience
- Gain subject matter expertise and help define appropriate key metrics for the category and discover untapped areas for business improvement
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls
- Gather data about consumers, competitors, and market conditions
- BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position and min experience of 2 to 4 years
- Demonstrated experience working in an analytical role
- Demonstrated experience with business intelligence and visualization tools creating management dashboards
- Strong analytical skills and a passion to work with large sets of data
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
- Should have expert SQL queries against large amounts of data
- Self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Must be process orientated and a logical thinker with good attention to detail
- Fluency in English along with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Tableau, Micro Strategy or Looker is a plus
- Experience in Python, R, Spark, Hive is a plus